Fun Holiday Crafts That Make for Beautiful Decorations
Decorating for the holidays can be intimidating when you have neighbors who take decorating advice from the Griswald’s. The holidays are about more than who has the jolliest house, so check out these fun and easy crafts that will make for hallmark-style decor and create fun experiences for the whole family.
Not only are these the trendiest containers on the block, mason jars are versatile décor pieces. Check out some of our favorite ways to transform the everyday jug into a jolly holiday jar!
- Lanterns – Whether you want to decorate the lantern with candy cane stripes and glittery snow or leave it clear, placing a candle or even a string of lights in the mason jar will create a cozy glow that’s sure to keep you warm all winter long.
- Snow globes – Whether it’s short or tall, large or small, turn your mason jar upside down and have fun letting it snow!
- Mantle ornaments – Light up your mantle with mini mason jars!
Although there’s a wreath for every occasion, the possibilities are endless during the holiday season. If you like the more natural earthy look, consider crafting
wreaths made of painted pine cones, holly, or greenery like magnolia leaves. But if you’re going for bright and unconventional holiday decor, branch out and make a wreath made of ribbons, holiday lights, or even candy canes!
Along with cold weather and colorful lights, the holiday season is swirling with aromas like pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and fresh pine. Take a look at some of the creative ways you can bring the holiday aromas home!
- Orange and clove pomanders – Dress your orange with clove designs and enjoy several weeks of the fresh citrus aroma.
- Holiday Potpourri – This is an air freshener that’s almost as fun to make as it is to smell!
- Homemade candles – Mix and match your favorite scents into a handmade holiday candle. Try filling your decorated mason jars with the wax. This makes for a thoughtful gift for friends or family.