Together with you, we care for your home.
Invitation Homes provides the highest level of service to our residents, with a responsive and friendly customer service staff offering both regular preventive service visits and emergency maintenance as needed. Associates and licensed contractors are ready to respond quickly and will make every effort to ensure your home runs, and stays running, smoothly.
As reviewed upon move-in and included in your welcome packet, caring for your home is a partnership between you and the Invitation Homes maintenance team. For your convenience the division of responsibilities is also listed below.
ProCare Service: Professional, proactive care. It’s what sets Invitation Homes apart.
As an Invitation Homes resident, you enjoy the peace of mind that comes with our ProCare maintenance program. ProCare was developed with you in mind and ensures that every aspect of your home is in continuous working order. It’s one of the key ways we deliver today’s worry-free leasing lifestyle. With ProCare, your home gets a comprehensive, multi-point inspection before you move in, proactive maintenance visits and 24/7 emergency services throughout your lease. Learn more about ProCare Service.
Keeping Your Neighborhood Beautiful – City and HOA Rules
Your Invitation Home is covered by certain municipal rules and regulations that ensure your neighborhood runs efficiently. It may also be part of a Homeowners Association (HOA.) Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the specific city regulations and, if applicable, the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) that were provided for your HOA as part of your Lease Agreement. As a resident in an Invitation Home, you are required to comply with the local regulations and, if applicable, CC&Rs for your HOA.
Your CC&Rs may differ, but some examples of standard CC&R points of interest include items such as:
- Care should be exercised in the landscaping and maintenance of trees, plants, flowers and shrubs on your lot to prevent drainage problems or obstruction of view.
- Vehicles must park in their driveway or garage and should not cover sidewalk areas or impede pedestrians in any way. Vehicles parked in the yard, street or on sidewalks are subject to towing at owner’s expense.
- Driveways must be kept free of oil stains.
- Trash containers should not be stored in driveways or common areas, but in garages or behind a fence. Place containers on the street no earlier than the night before trash pick-up and store them no later than the night of the trash collection.
- Remove holiday decorations within a reasonable amount of time (approximately 10 days).
- Pets must be walked on a leash and waste disposed of properly.
- No signs, foil, cardboard, or any other item visible from the exterior, shall be displayed in the window of your home.
- To ensure the safety of all residents, please be aware of the residential speed limit, and members are encouraged to watch for pedestrians while driving.
Understanding Your Landscaping Responsibilities
A major benefit of renting a single family home is having private outdoor space. In fact, access to outdoor space is often a major reason that people choose to live in a home. It is important to keep in mind that while there are many benefits to having outdoor space, it also comes with some additional responsibilities.
Proper landscape care improves the appearance of the home, reduces HOA and municipal fines, helps control pests, and prevents damage to the home.
Resident Landscaping Responsibilities
General Yard Care
- Mow lawn regularly, as needed
- Water lawn and plants to keep them healthy
- Trim tree branches below 8 feet in height
- Trim hedges and shrubs at least 1 foot away from the home
- Remove weeds from all flower beds and hardscape areas
- Fertilize as needed
- Rake and dispose of leaves and other debris
- Remove snow and ice from driveways and sidewalks
- Clean up any pet waste quickly
Other Common Landscaping Topics
Making Changes to Landscaping
We recognize that part of making our house your home is creating your own outdoor environment. Residents are allowed to make changes to the landscaping with approval from their property manager.
Landscaping Maintenance Service Requests
If you observe any safety concerns or non-functioning sprinkler system equipment, promptly contact the Invitation Homes maintenance hotline to submit a service request.