Maintaining Your Home
When it comes to your home’s maintenance, we’re in this together. Invitation Homes will resolve your home’s major maintenance issues. And although our ProCare service and maintenance requests cover much of your home’s maintenance, you also have resident responsibilities.
We’re making maintaining your home easier than ever. We created a series of short videos to help you solve common issues around your home – from replacing your AC filter to fixing a clogged toilet.
To watch these tips, visit Maintenance & How To video gallery.
Let us handle the big stuff like appliances and fences. If something of that level goes wrong, contact us to avoid mishandled repairs. The smaller items, like air filters and pest control, are your responsibility. Please read the list below for a short guide.
We want to help you avoid any unnecessary fees to your account. Please remember there will be fees for the following: damage caused by you or a guest; if an issue is not reported to us and causes damage; if someone over the age of 18 is not at your home during a visit; or if an appointment is cancelled in less than one business day.
Understanding Your Landscaping Responsibilities
A major benefit of renting a single-family home is having private outdoor space. In fact, access to outdoor space is often a major reason that people choose to live in a home. While there are many benefits to having outdoor space, it also comes with some additional responsibilities.
Remember: Proper landscape care improves the appearance of the home, reduces HOA and municipal fines, helps control pests, and prevents damage to the home.
Resident Landscaping Responsibilities
- General yard care
- Mow lawn regularly, as needed
- Water lawn and plants to keep them healthy
- Trim tree branches below 10 feet in height
- Trim hedges and shrubs at least 1 foot away from the home
- Remove weeds from all flower beds and hardscape areas
- Fertilize as needed
- Rake and dispose of leaves and other debris
- Remove snow and ice from driveways and sidewalks
- Clean up any pet waste quickly
We recognize that part of making our house your home is creating your own outdoor environment. Residents are allowed to make changes to the landscaping with approval from their property manager.
Landscaping Maintenance Service Requests
If you have any safety concerns or non-functioning sprinkler system equipment, promptly contact the Invitation Homes maintenance hotline to submit a service request.
We hope you can enjoy this home for years, but when the time comes to move out, please leave the home in the same condition as when you moved in. We want to help you maximize your security deposit refund. Read a list of items to maintain in our Move Out Guide.
Your Invitation Home may be part of a Homeowners Association (HOA) or a municipality covered by certain rules and regulations to keep your neighborhood beautiful and safe. Please familiarize yourself with the expectations and restrictions that were provided as part of your Lease Agreement, if applicable. Some of these requirements may include:
- Maintaining the landscaping of trees, plants, flowers, and shrubs on your lot.
- Parking vehicles in the driveway or garage and not covering sidewalk areas or impeding pedestrians. Please be aware of the residential speed limit and watch for pedestrians while driving.
- Keeping driveways free of oil stains.
- Storing trash containers in garages or behind a fence, not in driveways or common areas.
- Placing trash containers on the street no earlier than the night before trash pick-up and storing them no later than the night of trash collection.
- Removing holiday decorations within a reasonable amount of time (approximately 10 days).
- Walking pets on a leash and disposing waste properly.
- Not displaying signs, foil, cardboard, or any other item visible from the exterior or displayed in the window of your home.